Having dental veneers placed by qualified cosmetic dentists, such as those at The Dental Boutique, means you can expect them to last a long time. Although not immortal, veneers are considered a permanent accessory and could last 10 to 30 years if properly cared for. However, there are certain signs that indicate it's time to replace your porcelain veneers. The average lifespan of a dental veneer is 10 years, but that time period can be extended to 20 years with proper care and treatment.
If you have had your veneers for more than 50 years, it's time to consider replacing them. Here are 8 signs that you need new porcelain veneers:
- Splinters, cracks or other types of damage to veneers
- Cavities or damage to the underlying dental structure
- Lifting of the veneer from the tooth surface
- Staining or discoloration of dental veneers
- Recession of the gums exposing the root structure underlying
- Small scratches on the surface of the veneers from daily wear and tear or from abrasive oral care products
- Loose porcelain veneer due to poor fit or cement
- Gum disease causing veneers or natural teeth to loosen and fall out
Your dentist will file and refine the adhesive agent, remold your teeth, create the new veneers and reattach them to your teeth. You should visit your cosmetic dentist every 6 months for your dental cleanings, especially after Charlotte veneers are placed. If you have any concerns about replacing dental veneers, check with your dentist during your appointments to see what is the best solution for you and when your veneers will need to be replaced.Porcelain veneers can transform the look of your smile by masking dental defects and addressing imperfections, providing long-lasting results. With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can last more than a decade, but sometimes injuries, oral health problems, or other circumstances can cause porcelain veneers to need replacement.If you have had your porcelain veneers for more than 50 years, it's time to consider replacing them.
Our Irvine cosmetic dentists at Rice Dentistry are here to help you evaluate your current veneers and create custom ones that will last for many years. Contact our dental office at (94 551-5902) to schedule an appointment today.